Belize shares borders with Mexico and Caribbean islands, and naturally this area is rich in natural resources. Moreover, Belize is also blessed with a stable economy which is complemented by the talented workforce and proven infrastructure. Belize also has a well-defined law and legal system in place which further enhances the stability in Belize.
When it comes to investing opportunities in general, people often look forward to investing in businesses. On the other hand, some even simply invest in risk free bonds. But when it comes to investing, particularly in Belize, the real estate offers excellent opportunity by analyzing the current market conditions. Following are the two reasons why investing in real estate in Belize is the best option for the investors:
- The first reason is that Belize has relaxed laws when it comes to taxing on real estate. People who invest in real estate and later sell it to gain a profit do not have to pay a capital gain tax on property. This is a great incentive for investors since capital gains are usually huge and similarly, the tax amount can also be potentially huge.
- Another reason for investing in real estate is the fact that Belize does not have any inheritance tax. This means that if you want to pass on the property to the heirs, you would not have to pay any tax on that. In other countries, this tax can be as high as 40%. Moreover, the process of transferring property is also quite simple.
Real estate of Belize is also particularly attractive for investors because the real estate is Belize is relatively cheaper when the comparison is made with real estate in America and UK. Moreover, overall Belize is seen as a very affordable place by tourists who come to visit Belize from America, and the retirees who specifically choose Belize as a country to retire in. Belize has a lot of environmental and cultural advantages to it which pose this country as a very friendly area, and this further enhances the image of Belize as a tourism friendly country. Perhaps this is the main reason why so many people visit Belize.
Apart from tax exemptions in Belize, there are several factors that investors consider before investing somewhere, and such factors are present in Belize. Following are some of the factors that favor investing in a particular country:
- Stability is perhaps one of the most important factors that investors consider before investing. Belize has been established as a stable economy for a long time and this can be analyzed by observing the independent judiciary it has along with a stable inflation and exchange rate.
- The second factor that investors consider is obviously profitability and this is definitely high in Belize because of relaxed tax laws. Moreover, there are also fiscal incentives for the investors along with lower export processing fees.
- Investing in Belize does mean that an investor would want to live in Belize and work there, and this is not a bad thing at all because Belize has a very favorable climate along with a lot of leisure activities to indulge in.