Belize is a beautiful country that shares a border with Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, and Guatemala. Owning an island home in Belize is a wonderful experience that many foreigners enjoy. In fact, discovering the perfect island homes for sale in Ambergris Caye and San Pedro is made easier when you understand the top 10 reasons that expats love to live in Belize.
Top 10 Reasons To Own Island Homes In Belize
There are countless reasons why you might want to own a home in Ambergris Caye or San Pedro, however, for brevity’s sake we have narrowed the list down to the top 10.
- Scenic Beauty — Did you know that only approximately 20 percent of Belize’s land is used for residential, agricultural, and commercial purposes? That’s right, approximately 80 percent of this magnificent country is left in its natural state. Majestic landscapes, stunning beaches, archeological sites, incredible wildlife, and hidden waterfalls adorn this stunning country.
- Home To The Second Largest Barrier Reef In The World — Belize is home to the thriving Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. The Mesoamerican Barrier Reef is not only the second largest barrier reef in the entire world, but it is also the longest living barrier reef within the Western Hemisphere. The reef’s beauty and vibrant aquatic life attracts local and foreign divers throughout the year.
- Slower Pace Of Life — “Belize time,” is a common expression for the slower pace of life that many residents enjoy on the island. When you purchase one of the island homes for sale you can enjoy spending time relaxing in a country that truly appreciates a laid-back lifestyle.
- The People — The locals are known to be friendly, warm, and inviting. They welcome newcomers to their island home and can help you to easily feel as if you have called Ambergris Caye or San Pedro home for life.
- English Speaking — Did you know that many Belizeans also speak English? That’s right, as a previous British colony, English is spoken throughout the country. From road signs to restaurant menus, English can be found throughout the country.
- Low Cost Of Living — Generally speaking, the cost of living in Belize is fairly low, which makes owning an island home a dream come true. In fact, recent reports showed that a couple in Belize can “get by” with as little as $1,000 per month.
- The Climate — Belize has an average year round temperature of 79 degrees F. Cool Caribbean breezes make air conditioning practically obsolete in a country that enjoys near perfect weather throughout the year.
- Fresh Food — The food in Belize is typically light, fresh, and local. With an abundance of tropical fruit and fresh fruit, you taste buds will rejoice while you shop around for the perfect island homes for sale in Ambergris Caye or San Pedro.
- Culturally Rich With Mayan History — Belize has a rich history and culture that is closely tied with its Mayan heritage. Many island homeowners enjoy taking a trip to see the Mayan archeological ruins and the Maya Mountains.
- Close To Home — Finally, one of the best reasons for expats to own one of the island homes for sale in Belize is that the country is close to the United States. By flight, Belize is approximately three hours from North America.
Are You Ready To Own A Home In Belize?
Contact a member of the RE/MAX Island Real Estate team when this site you are ready to own a stunning island home in Belize. RE/MAX Island Real Estate proudly helps foreign buyers purchase residential and vacation properties throughout Ambergris Caye and San Pedro Belize. Discover your perfect island home today!